Meeting Minutes - August 2nd, 2017
Katelyn Israelski, Regional Director of the Southern Hudson Valley District Office of the NYS Comptroller’s Office was our speaker today. She explained the duties of the Comptroller and his office; he is the sole trustee of NYS Common Retirement Fund and NYS and local retirement system for public employees. The maintenance the State’s account system and administration of the State’s payroll, reviewing the State’s contracts and payments and overseeing the Justice Court Fund and Oil Spill Fund are just several of his duties. Then there are the Unclaimed Funds - $14 Billion from bank accounts, stocks, bonds, insurance proceeds and more just sitting around. Go to osc.state.ny.us/ouf for more info. One never knows, you might be lucky! There was a question period after her talk. Thank you Katelyn for your presentation, please come again.
• Diana Q. presided in Patti’s absence.
• Geri passed around a sign up sheet for Best & the Wurst tasks, If you were not at today’s meeting, please contact Geri.
• Have you responded to Patti’s email re: your Polo shirt size? Please do, time is growing short.
Heath of Club
• There have been no illnesses reported among the members.
This & That
• Our visitors included; Jolene who accompanies Honorary member, Ann.
• Steve won the 50-50 Raffle and received $6. The Jackpot stands at $32.
2 views0 comments